Armada FC Youth Academy (Formerly Jacksonville FC) has been established since 1977 and consists of three main programs: recreational, academy and advanced travel teams for players aged U5-U19. Players are placed in an environment that offers them the best opportunity to reach their soccer goals. The recreational program spans all age groups and is for player development and enjoyment of the game. The developmental/travel program offers both developmental (U6-U12) and travel (U9-U12). The goal is to provide age-appropriate technical and tactical training in a positive learning environment. The advanced program (U13-U18) places players in a competitive training and playing environment that challenges them to reach the highest levels of play.
Armada FC Youth Academy Mission: to offer programs to players of all levels of play and provide them the best opportunity to play at the highest level they want to achieve.
The Position- Executive Director
The Armada FC Youth Academy is seeking an Executive Director to provide strategic and operational leadership to the club.
The Club’s staff is responsible for performing the following responsibilities:
- Develop the strategic and operational plan, in partnership with the Board of Directors (BOD).
- Identify, assess and inform the BOD of internal and external issues that affect the club.
- Act as a professional advisor to the BOD on all aspects of the club’s activities.
- Foster effective teamwork between the BOD and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and administrative and technical staff.
- Act as a spokesperson for AFCYA, reflecting the values and vision established by the BOD.
- Represent AFCYA at community, state, regional and national activities, to enhance the Club’s community profile.
- Ensure that the community, AFCYA members, and staff understand, acknowledge, and support the mission and goals of AFCYA while making clear how the Club will achieve those goals.
Operational Planning and Management
- Develop an operational plan, in partnership with the Board, which incorporates goals and objectives that work toward the strategic direction of the Club.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the club ensuring that the operation of the club meets the expectations of its members, BOD, and staff.
- Draft policies for approval of the Board and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on an annual basis and recommend changes to the BOD as appropriate.
- Negotiate and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors in partnership with the BOD.
- Provide support to the BOD by preparing meeting agendas, prescribed reports, and materials, and alerting the BOD in a timely manner to conditions or situations affecting the ability of the Club to meet its mission and objectives.
- Ensure organizational compliance with relevant organizations.
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the club’s players, staff, volunteers, and members, property, finances, goodwill, and image, and implement measures to control risks.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Club’s programs and services, including, but not limited to, recreational, travel schedules, team formation, practice and field scheduling, facility and equipment provision and maintenance, and all tournaments and events.
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by AFCYA contribute to the Club’s mission, reflect the priorities of the Board, and fit with the operational plan/budget.
- Oversee implementation of Club’s field initiatives.
- Monitor the delivery of programs and services of the Club to maintain or improve quality Human Resources Planning and Management.
- Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery.
- Hire, compensate and terminate AFCYA staff and contractors within the framework of the approved Club budget and in accordance with established personnel policies.
- Oversee the implementation of human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development and maintenance of job descriptions for all staff.
- Implement a performance management process for all staff that includes monitoring the performance of staff on an ongoing basis and conducting an annual performance review.
- Work with staff and the Board to prepare an annual budget.
- Work with the Board to ensure adequate funding for the operation of the Club.
- Identify, pursue, and secure opportunities for grants, sponsorships and fundraising to support AFCYA development, facilities and programs.
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the BOD.
- Communicate with the BOD, staff and members to keep them informed of the work of the club.
- Create communications that effectively inform and educate members, players and coaches across programs; publish content for the club’s web and social media sites and programs for both promotional and informational purposes.
- Establish and advance positive working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, donors, city staff, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the club.
- Advance the brand of the Club in a manner that assures the AFCYA mission, goals, programs and services are presented in consistent, strong and positive messages.
To apply, e-mail your resume, a cover letter that explains how your skills align with the requirements above, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications are required.